Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bonsecours Market


Bonsecours Market, originally uploaded by M. Rosenberg.

I was looking through some of my old photographs from past trips when I found this shot from Montreal, one of my favorite cities in the world. Thought it might looks nice all gussied up.

From Wikipedia: Bonsecours Market (French: Marché Bonsecours), at 350 rue Saint-Paul in Old Montreal, is a two-story domed public market. Named for the adjacent Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel, it opened in 1847. Construction began in 1844 by architect William Footner, and was completed in 1860 by George Browne. Bonsecours Market housed City Hall between 1852 and 1878. For more than 100 years, it was the main public market in the Montreal area. It also briefly accommodated the Parliament of United Canada in 1849. Today, the market houses outdoor cafés, restaurants and boutiques.

Also, I'm 30 today, which is neat.

No comments: