Friday, August 14, 2009

Birth of a Nation


Birth of a Nation, originally uploaded by M. Rosenberg.

Independence Hall in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Built between 1732 and 1753. It was within those walls that both the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were signed. The tower at the top originally housed the Liberty Bell (which is now across the street). This is actually the rear (South) side of the building.

Funny story, I decided Saturday would be a good day to go take pictures at Independence Hall. Normally, I would have had to deal with tons of tourists walking around in front of the building. On Saturday though, Michelle Obama and the kids decided they wanted to take a tour, so the whole area was shut down while they toured. Bad for tourists, but great for me, since I could walk up to the barricades and take pictures without anyone getting in the way. If you look hard, maybe you can see the First Lady and First Children in the windows.

Finally, I should point out that this is not and HDR shot, even though it looks like it. It's a single .raw exposure that I processed in Photoshop with Topaz Adjust

No comments: