Thursday, November 01, 2007

Stupid Swiffer People

There's a commercial for Swiffer (I think) that's set in a courtroom. There is a witness on the stand and the Swiffer is, I have no idea why, the defendant. The lawyer examining the witness turns and asks very dramatically, "Can you point to the Defendant?!?" I think what they meant was, "Can you point to the perpetrator?" or "Can you point to the culprit" or something like that. It doesn't make any sense to ask a witness if they can point to the defendant. All that proves is that they understand what the word "defendant" means. Someone should talk to the commercial writers for Swiffer .

9 comments:

inktree said...

That irritates me so much. I roll my eyes every time I see it.

Anonymous said...

I, too like Swiffer and Swiffer-related products. You can find such products here: http://www.centralsupplyco.com/Swiffer%20Sale%20Page.htm

Anonymous said...

Gawd, seriously. I hope somebody got fired for making a stupid mistake like that.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that caught that. How did that get past the various people that work on the commercial? Writers, editors, actors, directors, the company itself... so dumb.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm with you. In fact I'm here only because I was looking for other people that want to kill the person that wrote that line. EHRRRG! I bugs me so much!

Anonymous said...

Bugs the hell out of me too.
*gasp* She pointed at the defendant! Just like she was asked. Oh no!

Anonymous said...

The worst part is that the stupid thing has been running for months. They have to have been told by now how stupid it is, and they keep running it - on the air and on the internet. It's everywhere - like some plague that will not die!!

Norm said...

That commercial drives me crazy! I just saw it and searched to see if it bothered anyone else. Thankfully it does! GRRRR! I just find it inconceivable that no one noticed from the concept, through filming, editing and so on. Ok, thanks for letting me vent.

NegativeMode said...

It's funny how many people have noticed this and chosen to comment here. I guess it wasn't just me nit-picking on this one. What's really crazy is that this commercial is still on the air after all this time.

Stupid Swiffer people.