Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Among Friends


Among Friends, originally uploaded by M. Rosenberg.

Since this has turned into Flower Week, I'm posting another shot I took of, wait for it, flowers. I've heard people say that taking pictures of flowers is for amateurs and beginner photographers, and, after taking more pictures, I agree with that sentiment to an extent. Taking a shot of a flower seems to me to be a safe, easy thing to do. They're generally colorful, have interesting features, and, importantly, they don't move. Basically, they're hard to screw up. That said, they're hard to make interesting too.

This is one of the first shots I took with my camera. It was taken at the Philadelphia Flower Show, which is like nirvana for beginner photographers: nothing but pretty flowers, bright colors, and they stay put. In hindsight, I don't think this is a particularly great or interesting shot because, like I said, it's just flowers, and everyone takes pictures of flowers.

The reason I posted it is so that it would be around the more recent flower shots I've taken, ones that I feel are more interesting, for you to compare. It's not that I think this is a bad shot, I just don't think it's very compelling or skillful. I think I've rambled enough, please enjoy the pretty pictures.

No comments: