Tuesday, June 20, 2006

We Bad, We Know It, We Bad, We Show It

At first, I had no idea who that fat man in the forground of the picture was. Clearly (or maybe not to non-Saved By The Bell ("SBTB") addicts) that is none other than Samuel "Screech" Powers in the background, but who's the portly gentleman in the front. Why, it's your friendly school Principal Richard Belding, who has apparently eaten his younger brother Rod since SBTB went off the air.

The Boston Globe online recently (I think yesterday, but maybe Sunday) published a little photo piece entitled For Whom the Bell Tolls (clever guys) with a paragraph or two updating us on the current exploits of Mr. Belding, Screech, Lisa, Jessie, Kelly, Slater, and, of course, Zack (It's Z-A-C-K Boston Globe writers (and DJ Skuggs), not Z-A-C-H. Unacceptable.) They're a tad harsh on some of the gang, but oh well. I wasn't going to link to the article until I saw the monstrous new Dennis Haskins. Impressive Denny. Also, the Globe article was conspicuously missing updates on Tori Scott, Violet Anne Bickerstaff, Mr. Tuttle, Scud/Ox, Muffin Sangria, Stacey Carosi, and Jonny Dakota. Oh well.

Also, I didn't forget about my promise to write about river-flow dynamics. I know you can't wait.

3 comments:

NegativeMode said...

That picture of Belding is actually almost two years old. After doing more research, I couldn't find a more recent picture (at least, one that's dated as such). Thanks to Circe, though, I did come across these classic shots of Mr. Haskins. Makes me really want to party with the guy....

Anonymous said...

i just thought i'd share with your readers some kick-ass action figures. they're quite realistic. yeah boyeeeeeee.

NegativeMode said...

Those toys are pretty awesome. I actually really like the Family Guy ones. I think I'll order some for my office. Thanks Skuggs.