Friday, July 28, 2006

Time for a Boycott: USAirways

USAirways is a horrible airline. There're no two ways about it and it is now painfully clear to me why they are in bankruptcy (it was clear to me before from prior experiences -- only now is it painfully clear). I know not many people read this blog, but for those of you that do, I encourage you to avoid them like the plague.

Without getting into details (they're boring), USAir managed to get me into Montreal five hours late last night. Had I been a lemming, and followed the advice of their ticket agents, I'd be getting into Montreal at 3pm today. My flight was cancelled and they put everyone on a flight tomorrow INSTEAD OF THE FLIGHT LEAVING 3 HOURS LATER. How they thought this would be the best solution, I have no idea. Luckily, I was able to get on the later flight over the phone. Of course, by doing so, the ticket agent decided to cancel my flight back from Montreal, so I'm stuck here. That's now been rectified though, so don't worry.

Sorry to ramble. I don't know if that even made sense. If you take anything away from this post, it should be don't fly USAirways. If it's your only choice, rent a car, take a train, bus, anything. It is a terrible airline and deserves to go out of business.

Also, Montreal (what I've seen of it) seems to be pretty cool. I'll go explore now (that I'm off the phone with USAir (which took over an hour (roaming charges too (assholes (USAir, not Verizon))))).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i doubt you'll find service much better elsewhere. on my flight to alaska a few weeks ago i missed my connection in chicago because american was short a dlight attendant. they weren't going to be able to get me in to anchorage until 24 hours later, and i was going to have to connect through denver rather than fly from chicago as previously planned. ut i showed up at the airport the next day 11 hours early and got on another flight. last weekend i flew continental to cleveland, and i was delayed 4 hours so i asked to be added to the standby list for another flight also going to cleveland. i ended up flying on my original flight, but my return reservation was nevertheless somehow canceled.

NegativeMode said...

That sucks. I've had good luck with the two airlines you mentioned. It just seems that with USAir I've had consistently bad experiences, especially with their customer service. This incident was inexcusable. To top it all off, my flight home was cancelled cause they couldn't start the plane(!!!) so I was stuck in Canada for an extra night.