Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hot Potato


Hot Potato, originally uploaded by M. Rosenberg.

And for something a little different today. . . .

It was amazing. I was on my way home from work when I saw a forest fire raging out of control in the local National Forest. Before I could even run to get help, out of the blue appeared this brave Potato. Within minutes, the fire was under control and everyone was safe. It was amazing. Not a single life was lost or a single hash browned.

Seriously though, this shot took a little bit of setting up and a little bit of luck. The cardboard I used for the fire burned a little hotter and a little higher than I expected, so there was a little worry for a minute or two that I would burn the house down. Luckily, I had a garden hose nearby and no one was hurt.

I'm not sure what the neighbors were thinking if they happened to see me in the backyard playing with toys and setting fires at 8:30 pm on a Tuesday. I think it was worth it though, I really like this shot.

No comments: