Saturday, May 16, 2009

King of the Hill

King of the Hill

King of the Hill, originally uploaded by M. Rosenberg.

I saw this whist driving through Northeastern Pennsylvania coal country. It's a giant pile of red dirt that looked like it belonged on Mars, except for the rolling hills behind it. I'm not really sure what that is sticking out of the top or why its there.

I added some texturing because I'm in a texturing phase and it makes me happy. Also, I like the experimentation in photoshop. One more thing. I'm not sure how I get the white out of the rounded edges. Obviously, when you view this shot against a white background, it doesn't matter, but here it looks silly. I'll get right on that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like this one. The colors are very vibrant and the layering of the picture itself creates a nice worn effect.