Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Catgarookey


I'm not sure what to say about this picture. It's from a Sun Online article about a mystery animal on the loose in London. According to people who have seen the animal, it is a cross between a cat, kangaroo, and monkey.

One observer stated that the animal "had a sloping back like a kangaroo and believed it could be a coati-mundi — a racoon-like animal from Central America." Of course, that would be the most reasonable explaination, but the Sun chose to go with the headline "Cops Hunt Catgarookey", and add the above artist's rendition as visual proof. Whatever sells papers I guess. Either way, that picture really freaks me out. . . .

Edit: I almost deleted this post once I actually saw it on NegativeMode because it freaks me out so much, but I think you, my devoted readers, should see it for yourself. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I think its the cat head and monkey body that is the most disturbing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what would be really freaky is if half (but only half) of the animal's fur were shaved.

NegativeMode said...

That reminds me of a picture of this guy I went to school with. Maybe I'll post it up on NegativeMode one day when I have the time and inclination.