Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Quickly, Everyone to Milwaukee!



First, let me apoligize by getting this news to you only a day before the actual event, thereby providing you with less than 24 hours to purchase your ticket, prepare your costume, and get your ass to Milwaukee. Second, let me explain what the hell I'm talking about.

As those of you who have read this blog from the beginning know, the names "NegativeMode", and its now defunct counterpart, PositiveMode, are derived from one of the greatest movies of all time, Airplane II (explaination here). In short, both Airplane and Airplane II are in my list of top 5 movies of all time (no time for the Airplane vs. Airplane II debate now). As such, it absolutely pains me that I will not be able to get to Milwaukee by tomorrow, Wednesday, June 15, 2005, to go to the 25th anniversary celebration of Airplane. According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal,
More satisfying recognition comes this week when Jewish Family Services, a non-profit social services group working in the Milwaukee area for more than 135 years, presents a 25th anniversary benefit celebration of the film. A reception and dinner will be held Wednesday at the Pfister Hotel and a red carpet screening will be held Thursday at the Pabst Theater. The event is in honor of the volunteer service and philanthropy of Louise Abrahams Yaffe and her son Jim Abrahams, who wrote and directed "Airplane!" with fellow Shorewood High School and University of Wisconsin-Madison graduates David and Jerry Zucker. (Full article here)
In addition to the fund raiser and screening at the Pabst Theater, there will be an Airplane costume contest before the movie is shown. If only PositiveMode could get to Milwaukee to cover this event, he may be able to take first prize with his fantastic Ted Striker costume.

Anyway, to all of my Milwaukee readers (which to my knowledge numbers somewhere less than one), I beg you, please go to the screening and costume party. It absolutely kills me that I cannot go myself. I guess I'll just have to have my own costume contest and private screening on July 2nd, 25 years to the day from Airplane's silver screen debut.

Checks out in PositiveMode sir!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good idea. we'll take the spruce moose.

PositiveMode said...

Downscope