Friday, April 29, 2005

Albert Clifford Slater

As I was procrastinating today, I came across the website of Mario Lopez, most famously known as A.C. Slater from Saved By the Bell ("SBTB"). Mario (website found here) appears to be the only former major SBTB cast member who has his own, official webpage. While webpages dedicated to all of the cast members exist in one form or another (this is the best Zack Morris one), Slater's page is the only one that actually contains content actually written by said cast member (I have no doubt that Slater, and not some publicist actually wrote everything on that site. I mean, what else is he doing with his time?) Also, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that Slater has some time on his hands to answer fan email. Check out these gems:
Diana writes:
Hey Mario, Wow... I just wanted to let u know that I LOVE U SO MUCH!!! I am ur biggest fan.....i print out every picture i see of u , i have all of them on my school folder, everyone thinks i am obsesed. I think that if i ever see u i will Faint .. or have a heart attack, and not have the time to meet u cuz im on the floor , well my questions are. How do you keep that sexy body in shape? and are you ever planning to visit Palm Springs CA? if u are . ill be waiting to show you around. thanks I LOVE U
Love, Diana

Mario responds:
"Wow! I hope you don't faint or have a heart attack! I appreciate your support. I excercise a lot, but I focus mostly on boxing. I was actually in Palm Springs a little while ago. Thanks for your questions!"

Bill writes:
"Dear Mario: I would love to see you do a Calandar one of these days while you still have those hot looks and great body. It would be in much demand and a total see out that's for sure. I know many guys and girls who would have you on their doors and walls. Hey please do it. What do you think? In the mean time please have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Your fan for life,
Bill."

Mario responds:
"Thanks for checking out the website. I'm meeting with some people to try and get a calender out for 2005. It will be on sale at the website so keep checking back!"
Those are actual fan letters, from the website. Check them out for yourself. (Note who the second letter is from. I just happen to know that the writer and creator of PositiveMode, who happens to be a huge SBTB fan, is named Bill . Coincidence? Hope you get that Slater wall calander you've always wanted Bill!) Anyway, check out Mario's site and ask him a question or two, I'm sure he'll have time to respond.

4 comments:

PositiveMode said...

He never made the 2005 calendar, so I had to make my own. But the effort I had to put into making it made it that much more special.

Anonymous said...

ROTFL

PositiveMode said...

If you inspect the site thoroughly, you will find that to join the Mario Lopez fan club costs $30, and then $10 per year thereafter. Thirty Dollars!!!

Anonymous said...

But isn't Mario worth it?

Mario: "Me so horny. Me love you long time."