Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Positivemode jumps the shark

I don't really know what that means. What I do know is that positivemode.blogspot.com is reporting that negativemode.blogspot.come has sold out. Well, you may have heard it there first, but it isn't true ... yet. I have, indeed, looked in to selling out. If you want to call it that.

To clarify, blogspot has some sort of deal with google, whereby I, the blogger, sign some thing (as much as you can sign in cyberspace) and then google puts an advetising bar on the page. Then, if any of my readers click on the ads, I get something like 3 cents per click. Unfortuantely, I have approximately 4 readers, and I doubt any of them would click on the links. So it doesn't seem like selling out is quite worth it.

To be clear, I have not sold out yet (I didn't reply to the google email setting up the advertising account), but I have no problem doing so. Perhaps that says something about me, but honestly, I could use the money (I want a new motorcycle), so I have no problem whoring out negativemode to get some ducats (that's slang for money, see e.g., Govna LaDeaux).

In closing, positivemode may have broken the story, but it was a crappy story, and it didn't have all the details. So please, stay here, and if you're hungry for tripe and nonsense, only then go to positivemode.

No comments: